Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing #23

1. My favorite discoveries were LibraryThing, TeacherLibrarian Wiki, TeacherTube and Del.icio.us. (Actually all 22 Things were interesting ... some more than others)
2. How have Things affected lifelong learning goals? I began my teaching profession in the classroom and I have always had a love of reading. I migrated from the classroom to teaching many in a library setting. I continue to work and improve to meet the challenges in the library classroom and to allow all of my students to become successful. There is always something new to learn so I keep reading and sharing!
3. Unexpected outcomes: I have not had any online classes and I did not think I would ever be able to complete all 23 Things. It was difficult to wait for downloads and contend with the firewall in the district. I expect problems trying to share Things if I cannot access sites.
4. Improve on format and concept? I liked the format and concept but I am still not online at home so the time allowed was a challenge. I am looking into getting connected from home. I preview many things afterhours from school or crashed at a friends that is online. Since I had already checked out most of the Things I worked online over Spring Break to finish!
5. Would I participate again? Yes. I will try to get connected from home and await my new laptop before trying again. I might have more time during summer months. Would this be something that could be done during staff development days?
6. Thanks for providing this amazing learning opportunity for us. I am in awe that we work with such a great team.
God Bless...

3 comments:

VWB said...

23 Congrats!
and glad you are contemplating a home hookup...I am moving on to wireless (as soon as taxes settle) so I can connect whereever!

hope you will keep blogging!

bookeatersclub said...

I am so proud of you! Great job! I'm sure you found many new things that will lend themselves to info sharing that you are so good at.

Again. congratulations!

Jane said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for finishing! I'll have to add you to my bloglines so I can keep track of your future posts :)