Thursday, July 30, 2009

11.5 More Things - Thing #10

Waiting for Second Life to send activation email.

Libby Wizardly

Still waiting and checking out other SL action online. I will come back to this or try to sign up again if I am not activated as Lizzy.

While I was waiting I did read about virtual field trips and plan to share this information with my students; and learn more from my teachers and fellow librarians that visited the beach this summer and had success in SL. I have played the "Farm Town" game (as well as the ones from McDonalds). I can see setting up something with some of my different departments creating virtual worlds. This was not something that I managed to have success with but I am not willing to give up so I will try again and again in the fall.

Now back to find a virtual beach...

1 comment:

Cheryl Laucher said...

Activated yet? Let me know your name and I'll try to find you. We can crash into walls together.