Monday, July 20, 2009

11.5 More Things - Thing #2

Wordle: A great way to introduce a concept in an eye catching manner. I can see students using it to find main topics/themes in essays or research projects. It would be fun to use an image generator such as this to create a focal point for sections in the library (biographies, story collection, fiction, nonfiction, etc...). It is such a creative medium because of the color, the size of the fonts, the repetition of the words and would be an interesting way for students to see main ideas emerge. I think teachers will find this as interesting as students.

Library2Play 2 Wordle
Wordle: Library2Play 2

Glogster: Wow, posters have sure changed a lot since we were kids. I can see this as a great group project around the collaboration booths using our new laptops in our iPad. A very creative way to bring all kinds of information together and I can really see kids getting into it. Students can navigate other students' glogs and learn from their work.

Voki: Vokis are fun to create and I can see students using them to express themselves. I created this one for my blog. It would be fun to create a talking mascot for the school blog.


Get a Voki now!

Bookr: Bookr is a tool to create and share a photo image book. It is very simple to navigate. Pictures are available using Flickr and would provide an updated way of doing book reports.

I plan on sharing all of the above with students and teachers using our new technology!

No comments: